Do you know the intricacies of the Android platform inside and out? Are you an Android developer who pushes mobile technologies to their limits? We are looking for an extremely technical, self-driven, highly motivated individual to lead our Android development. This role focuses on low-level library and SDK work, with a lesser emphasis on UI/UX design.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4 – 6 years experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing for the Android platform
- Proficient with Android SDK, Java, and modern libraries (Retrofit, RxJava, Moshi, etc.)
- Experience with offline storage and threading
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and JSON to interact with backend systems
- Experienced with source control systems (git/GitHub)
- Knowledge of low-level system work is preferred (services, backgrounding)
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of networking or network performance testing will be a huge bonus
- Knowledge of 802.11 would be an additional massive bonus
- Experience building developer tools
What you will be doing
To start with, you will be building our network performance assurance SDK to be used by third parties in their apps. This SDK will run network performance and other related tests and feed this data to our backend systems. You will also be developing the first consumer of this SDK in the form of an Android app that will analyse Wi-Fi environments and display metrics to the user.
What we are offering
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to the latest & greatest technologies
- Opportunity to help shape the product
- Growth and global scope