Vacancy available for a creative and technical person to join our client’s consulting team in Hyde Park, Jhb.
This position specialises in solving customer problems with the application of custom Artificial Intelligence solutions.
You will work on both short and long term projects with clients from a range of industries such as telecommunications, finance, insurance, banking, engineering, marketing and retail.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, mathematics, applied mathematics or statistics.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and how to apply them to real world data effectively.
- Ability to use statistical and mathematical models and machine learning to draw insights from data.
- Programming experience in MATLAB / Python / R / C++ / Java or a similar language.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive modelling, data analytics, data visualisation and data interpretation.
- The ability to extract and communicate data insights is essential.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority.
- The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering, finance) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
- The ability to see and communicate issues from these different domain’s perspectives is vital for making progress in this role.
- An interest in a wide range of potential applications for machine learning such as business, digital marketing, consumer behaviour, controllers, finance, etc.
- High attention to detail.
- An understanding of software engineering concepts is beneficial.