Our client forms part of a global leader in networking products and services and today, their product is the fastest growing in the group’s portfolio and their Cape Town-based team is recognized as being at the leading edge of design thinking and execution. Now is a unique opportunity to join their growing team.
What do we do?
“Our product gives IT managers insight into how their users are experiencing Wi- Fi, network, and application performance, and helps them fix problems before users complain. Other performance tools are complex and intimidating, built by network engineers for network engineers; ours is beautiful and simple, and our customers love it. Our sensor hardware is a delight to install and our software is easy and fun to use. Our product is used in offices, universities, banks, hotels, airports, stadiums, retail stores, and more – every business with Wi-Fi is a potential customer that we can help.
We design all our own hardware and software in Cape Town. Our software systems are built entirely in-house using Python, React, lnfluxDB, and AWS Kinesis and other technologies. We are truly a full stack company, with a great set of technical challenges to work on.”
What the role entails
- The Back-end Engineer analyses, designs and develops software to support our products and sensors.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and develops changes for subsystems and systems.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for architecture.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in developing, deploying and supporting SOA/microservices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.