Vacancy available for an outgoing, sharp, creative and technical person to join our client’s consulting team as a Business Intelligence Analyst Development Consultant, to provide services for their Data Analytics projects.
Business intelligence is the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business optimisation purposes.
This position specialises in partnering with the company’s clients to provide business intelligence in the form of visualisations, recommendations, reporting and actionable insights via the implementation of algorithms and data analytics in MATLAB.
You should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A graduate qualification in Engineering or another degree that majors in Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science.
- Programming experience in MATLAB / Python / R / C++ / Java or a similar language.
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for data analytics, data visualization, data interpretation, predictive modelling and machine learning.
- The ability to extract and communicate data insights is essential.
- The flexibility to work in a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority
- The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering, finance) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
- An understanding of software engineering concepts is beneficial.
You will work directly with the company’s clients and your team members in both short and long term projects. The nature of the work requires that you are primarily based at their offices in Johannesburg or at their client’s premises in Johannesburg; however international travel in support clients in Africa will be necessary a few times a year.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with clients to explore and define their requirements.
- Researching and coding or manually implementing reports, analyses and models supporting a variety of business intelligence requirements.
- Presenting insights and recommendations on a biweekly basis via video conferencing and telecommunication or in person.
- The operational support of applications and services currently provided to the client.
- Building relationships with our clients in support of growing our contracts with them and meeting their needs.