Our Client is looking for a motivated, creative and technical person to join their consulting team as a Software Development Consultant.
This client facing position is ideally suited to individuals who enjoy problem solving and coding in a wide variety of domains and industries.
Projects may involve aspects of database integration, modelling of mechanical, electrical, chemical processes, computational finance, machine learning, numerical optimisation, image processing, signal processing, business intelligence, forecasting and many other areas).
- Master’s or Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electronic, Computer or Mechanical Engineering), or
- Computer Science degree, or another degree that majors in Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science
- Must have a passion for coding.
- Programming experience in MATLAB / Python / R / C++ / Java or a similar language.
- The language of choice will be primarily MATLAB or Simulink, however other languages such as Python, R, .NET, C++, Java or Scala could be leveraged where appropriate.
- It is required that the Consultant apply software engineering best practices for specification, design, implementation and testing of functionality they develop. Applications that may be developed can include:
- Data analytics and reporting applications
- Strategic business algorithms
- Engineering algorithms
- Graphical user interfaces
- Functional and unit test suites
- As a Consultant, you will also be responsible for handing over the project functionality to clients and empowering them to use the delivered applications successfully.
- Willingness to travel to clients and international travel in support of clients in Africa.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices and Object-Oriented Programming.
- The flexibility to work in a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority.
- The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering, finance) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
- The ability to see and communicate issues from these different domain’s perspectives is vital for making progress in this role.