High-Tech Java Algorithm Developers wanted!
We are searching for talented Java developers who know how to apply the latest Java SE or Java EE technologies.
Work location: Eindhoven (The Netherlands).
Even though our client is classified as a hardware company, they in fact have one of the worlds’ largest and most pioneering Java communities. Our clients Java environment is extremely attractive for prospective Java engineers because it combines big data with extreme complexity. From Hadoop retrieval to machine learning to full stack development, the possibilities are endless.
About the position
- Review an algorithm description from a software point of view. Identify risks or problems that might occur when transferring a mathematical description into software;
- Create a solid software design for an algorithm or parts of it;
- Write quality Java code that is easy to test and maintain. Take into account the speed and memory consumption restrictions;
- Define, automate, and execute tests on unit, component, and integration level;
- Write clear documentation for design and qualification.
- MSc in computer science, mathematics, or engineering.
- Java SE programming skills on expert level;
- Experience with OO design principle, UML diagrams, design patterns;
- Experience with testing a big system, understand the concept of unit, component and system level testing;
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures in computer science;
- Good knowledge of linear algebra, preferability also on optimization techniques and control modeling;
- Have affinity with scientific/mathematical programming;
- Understanding of the to-be-implemented mathematical algorithm and make solid Java design to realize the algorithm;
- Extensive knowledge of profiling and debugging;
- Analytical and abstract thinking;
- Preferably to have MATLAB or other scripting experience of algorithms;
- Preferably have experience in Continuous Integration, but also Maven, Git, and Atlassian stack.