Vacancy available for an Opto Mechanical (Lead) Design Engineer, work location Eindhoven area.
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute? If so, this could be the ideal career step for you.
As an Opto Mechanical (Lead) Design Engineer, your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company – because you will be working at the heart of the machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction. You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others. In addition, because our customers projects are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond you own area of expertise.
This position offers plenty of 360º professional growth. Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering – designing, building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, software, environmental control and infrastructural requirements for example.
Within this position, you report to the Team Leader OM Mechanical Development and Functional Architect and your work operational within multidisciplinary projects.
- You will contribute to the development of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), drawings, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems.
- In particular you will:
- Specify and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance;
- To achieve this, you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective;
- Store the BOM into database according engineering change process procedures;
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying the tests, designing and realizing the test equipment;
- Define and ensure that required prototypes are planned, built and tested;
- Deliver the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in education with affinity to high tech or Mechanical Engineering.
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles;
- Ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements;
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX 7.5 or higher, Teamcenter 8.3 and SAP R3.