Vacancy available for a Project Engineer who will be responsible for performing system engineering for automation process control projects based on programmable controllers, drives, motor control centers, operator/field device, instrumentation, etc.
As Project Engineer you will work on project assignments in various industrial, manufacturing and mining environments. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
This position reports to: Lead Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechatronics / Electrical / Electronic Engineering)
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in:
- Industrial systems engineering – industrial automation, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Information Systems.
- PLC Programming (Allen-Bradley preferable)
- SCADA application development (Factory Talk View SE/ME preferable)
- Intermediate to advanced skill with MS Office software products Excel, Access, Word, etc.
- Record of automation project delivery (PLC & SCADA).
Functions and responsibilities:
- PLC Code development – Using standardised code structures
- SCADA Application Development – Standalone & Network Applications. Template Development (Object-Orientated)
- Performs conceptual process control systems design and implementation thereof
- Provide on-site process control system start-up and support as required. (Commissioning)
- Provide verbal and written engineering reports
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Core Competencies: PLC & SCADA, Instrumentation, Network, Drives & starters, Fault-finding, supervision of contractors, Commissioning
- Telephonic/Remote support