Vacancy available for a Computer or Electronic Engineer to fulfil the role of a QA Engineer. In this role, you perform testing of the company’s hardware and software products (products include: high-performance networking solutions for cloud, data center, service provider and enterprise communications).
This individual will build test software to expose defects in production level code at the component and feature level.
Experience or at least exposure to networking / networks are essential. Exposure to networks via university or other courses are acceptable.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering / Science or higher
- Experience testing and administering in Linux and other Unix environments
- Excellent Bash & Python scripting skills; Some basic C/C++ programming skills in a Linux environment
- Excellent knowledge of IP/Ethernet Networking and TCP/IP protocol Stack; Experience configuring and operating switches and routers is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written) and technical skills
- Ability to review engineering technical specifications and participate in review meetings, when called upon. As well as meet with developers to discuss technical aspect of features.
- Design and author test cases for assigned feature areas of a test release.
- Design and build testing tools for automated unit, functional, and performance testing. Develop Linux and Windows based test applications.
- Define and execute test procedures.
- Work with developers on reproducing and researching defects
- Track and manage defects on a day to day basis
- Setup and maintain lab text environments
- Provide QA Support for Field trials of various products
- Participate in all activities accordingly to ensure on-time deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with other QA engineers and software/hardware developers.