Create and deliver data-driven solutions that add business value through the use of statistical models, machine learning algorithms, data mining and visualization techniques.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or another quantitative field (preferably a master’s or PhD).
- Minimum an honours degree (preferably a master’s or PhD) in a quantitative discipline that includes significant exposure to mathematics (linear algebra and calculus), statistics and computer science (preferred).
- 5-8 years’ data analysis experience within an insurance environment
- Extensive experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python), statistical package (e.g. R) and database language (e.g. SQL)
- Deep theoretical understanding of statistical methods and machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods and machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrated skills in formulating business problems to enable statistical modelling
- Demonstrated ability to select the right statistical tools and techniques for the job
- Experience translating statistical findings into business recommendations
About the company:
A South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands. The company operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
The company’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime.