Our client is an IoT company, and they have a vacancy available for a Software Developer who wants to be part of the exciting world of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The role will entail continuing to build out the company’s current software to support the IoT business. While you will be leading the software development, you will also work closely with our client’s sister company’s team of developers. This team has to date built software on the back of their in-house system. This system runs business lines from Life Insurance to Unit Trusts, Impact Farming to our client’s IoT offerings.
Our client is looking for someone who has the ability to work under their own steam, taking advice where given and someone who takes full ownership for the work produced. The company moves fast and need a practical person who wants to see results which add value to the business as a whole.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science / Engineering / Information Technology)
- Microsoft certification (e.g. MCSD) advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a software developer, software engineer or similar role
- Current experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically C#, .Net and Microsoft SQL
- Relevant experience with development for the Internet of Things a bonus
- Experience with Unix shell, Docker, Kafka and Python will be highly beneficial
- Current experience with web and mobile development. Experience with ASP.Net MVC, React, React Native a plus
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Customer focused
- Comfortable managing the interface into the broader business
- A questioning mindset for “the way it has always been done”
- An ability to understand complex structures with many moving parts
Related Jobs (8)
Embedded Software Engineer (Centurion & Cape Town) February 10, 2021 Full Time