Our client is looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for the finance industry to join their growing consulting team.
To be successful in this role, you need both software engineering and financial expertise. Most projects will require more advanced software engineering concepts, such as object-oriented programming, unit testing and robust version control. You will need to ensure that all code produced complies with the company’s software engineering best practices.
The company works on projects in many industries including Finance, Aerospace and Defence, Telecommunications and Energy Production, and they are looking for an individual who can specifically take their Finance services to the next level.
You will work both independently and in focussed teams of highly skilled, motivated and passionate individuals. Your skills may also be applied to projects in other industries such as defence, process, energy, and telecommunications where appropriate.
- A graduate qualification in science (such as mathematics, statistics, applied mathematics, actuarial science or physics) or engineering.
- Experience working in the finance industry or a postgraduate degree in financial mathematics.
- A strong knowledge of – and passion for – finance theory and concepts is essential.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with clients to explore, discuss and apply financial theory over a broad set of finance domains is essential
- Proficiency in coding and software engineering is required. Experience with MATLAB is a distinct plus.
- A passion for technology and hunger to learn new concepts and skills in the finance and software development domains is essential (through further higher education, short courses and self-study).
- The flexibility to work in a team or independently.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- As a Finance Consultant you will be involved in both short and long-term projects, working directly with customers in the finance industry.
- Need to define customer requirements, implement software applications or infrastructure, as well as investigate financial theory concepts.
- Provide hands-on assistance to clients for adoption of the applications developed for them.
- Tasks could involve financial theory investigations and research, data analysis, mathematical modelling, algorithm implementation, software framework design and implementation and interface design and development in financial sectors such as:
- Investment Management
- Risk Management – Operational, Market, Credit, Counterparty
- Insurance and Actuarial Science – Asset liability Modelling, Market Risk, Product Development and Investment Research
- Econometrics and Economics
- Algorithmic Trading
- Model Validation
- Pricing and Valuation – front-of-house quants and traders
- The nature of the work may often require that you are based at the client’s premises for the duration of a project.