Job location: Cape Town.
We are looking for 3 Software Engineers with strong software development experience in HPC – high performance computing, Data intensive computing and distributed / cloud platforms.
Purpose of the role: Define, Build and Test software as part of an agile team working on a large international science project.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.Eng or B.Sc Comp Sci minimum, Masters Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years software development experience in a science and engineering context (required), preferably in high performance computing (HPC), data intensive computing, distributed/cloud platforms.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Python 3 required, other programming languages are optional
- Experience with scipy and dask preferred.
- PEP 8 style guide for Python code
- Working in an agile team using agile tools
- Test driven development using Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, gitlab, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms (like OpenStack) preferred
- Experience or academic background in Physics or RF Engineering preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team members (incl Product Owner) to create and refine Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in creating iteration plans and team objectives and committing to these team objectives and plans.
- Working with the Product Owner in the team to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Software development using Python or other languages as necessary.
- Conducting research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities.
- Checking new code into the source code repository.
- Creating unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
- Executing acceptance tests and maintaining the test cases in the repository.
- Continuous improvement of the team’s process.