We have a vacancy available for a passionate and self-motivated Systems & Product Validation Engineer to join our client’s growing team of Engineers and Developers, working on ground breaking digital radio communication technology.
In this role, you will be responsible for the testing and validation of software, hardware and communication protocols as well as the integration of the company’s products into client systems.
Our client offers a stimulating and engaging environment where they pride themselves on their high standards (both in terms of employees and products). You will have the freedom to advance your career in a workplace where individuals of ability and application have the support to develop rewarding careers.
Some of the benefits of a career with our client includes:
- International travel opportunities and exposure to international clients.
- Assistance with post-graduate studies.
- Opportunities to gain invaluable knowledge and expertise from senior employees who are experts in their respective fields and are eager to mentor co-workers.
- Work on cutting edge technology, new and existing standards and the company’s proprietary products.
- You will receive lunch daily.
- Minimum a B.Eng Electronic or Computer Engineering
- 0 – 5 Years of testing and/or software development experience in a professional capacity
The role includes:
- Your main responsibility will be the testing of software, hardware and communication protocols. Testing will be performed on a variety of different platforms including Windows, Linux as well as embedded operating systems. You will also be responsible for travelling to clients and assisting with the integration with the integration of the company’s products into client systems.
- Assisting with the integration of products into client systems
- Develop test documentation comprising of manual and automated tests
- Ensuring product compliance to certain MIL and STANAG standards
- Testing of software and hardware components both individually and within the system
- Writing of test platform software in C++
- Interfacing with clients in order to integrate products into client systems
- Work with the development team to achieve product acceptance
- Product documentation
- Interact with company’s problem tracing system
- Testing and Validation activities
- Automated Test Software Improvement
- Creating and maintain test setups for the various product configurations
- Evaluate and testing of embedded DSP code
- Analysis of requirements and testing solutions
- Debugging of PC and embedded software systems
Specialised Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- Experience writing software in C++ and or C in a Windows based environment
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Software Design and Programming
- Experience / knowledge in HF Radio Communication
- Basic knowledge of using a Linux-based environment for (C++) development
- Experience testing embedded applications
- Experience in testing software for multi-platform and OS portability